Saturday, April 20, 2013

Boston Marathon Bombers

Like most of America I have been watching the news keeping up to date about the Boston Marathon tragedy.  Last night the 19 year old suspect was captured.  There was a picture of him lying on the ground, bloody with what appeared to be oxygen and breathing tubes on his face & mouth. He had been hiding in a boat and from what I understood had been bleeding for over 20 hours. As a mother I had to ask myself what would drive this teenage young man to commit such a horrible crime?  Looking at this picture was a realization for me that he is merely a teenager.  It makes me so sad to watch the news and hear about all of these young kids committing these heinus crimes.  I just don't understand what is going through their minds to make them snap.  As parents we spend a life time teaching our kids right from wrong and doing our best to guide them in the right direction. Of course I don't think any parent was blessed with a manual on "How To Be A Perfect Parent" but we do our best!!  I saw this boys father on the news.  I almost felt sorry for him.  He insisted that his son was an "angel" and could not have committed this crime and strongly believed his son's were "set up".   I would imagine that was his unconditional love that we have as parents speaking, not to mention a strong dose of  DENIAL!  What both his son's did was unforgivable.  The victims didn't do anything to deserve this.  I felt so sad when I heard of the young boy from here in the Bay Area who is still in the hospital, the small child who died and the 26 year old officer who was killed in the shoot out and of course all of the other vicitims.  It brings tears to my eyes. I can't even imagine nor do I want to. What did these victims do to these young men to deserve this?! What did America do to these young men to deserve this?!   They came to America looking for a better life which is exactly what they received!  They were given a better life here in America,  an education that my kids dream of and a citizenship.  And what do they do?! They run out and kill people. Pretty darn ungrateful if you ask me.  I'm not sure if this young man will survive.  I dread turning on the news to find out but I hope and pray that if he survives, he will enlighten America with his justification & excuses of what gave him the right to kill and injure innocent people.  And I pray that justice will be served for the sake of these poor innocent vicitims and the city of Boston and the entire country.  I'm proud to be an American and I'm thankful everyday for the freedom & the great life being an American provides.  I'm not a millionaire ,I wish I was,  I'm not famous, I wish I was, I'm not alot of things I wish I was & I don't have many of the things I wish I had  but I'm grateful.  Life is good......America is good!!! 

1 comment: