Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Aging....What Is It Good For?!

I woke up this morning & my back was bothering me, I had a headache and to tell you the truth, I didn't feel up to par.  I've been reading the book "The Magic" and trying to implement the daily readings of gratefullness in to my life.  Today's reading was Health.  Thought for today was to focus on a time in your life when you felt like you were on top of the world.  Being the diligent student that I am, I closed my eyes & reflected on a time in my life when I felt like a million bucks. Hence, that memory was when I was in my 20's & 30's.  I recently turned 47. Just the sound of that number is enough to send shivers up and down my spine so I tell people I'm 23 1/2......times 2 of course.  It just sounds so much better.  It always behooves me how as women age we become undesirable but as men age they become "distinguished".  Really?!Are you kidding me: If any of you women are like me, you've tried everything out there to look young. I look pretty good for being 23 1/2 x 2. I work out every day, take care of my body, but like many women, I've tried a number of things to look 23 again.  I'm no stranger to Botox, Juverderm, Hair Color, not to mention all the "miracle" face products out there.....Rodan & Fields (a crock of crap) and I'm currently using a product by Obage. I think it works! I'm not sure though, since I find myself reacquainting myself to that stranger standing in front of the mirror every morning.  But just for today...I'm giving Obage my best shot. I'm also no stranger to the mishaps that go along with Botox, Juverderm, face products, etc but that's a whole other story. Yowza & it's a good one!  I think women age faster than men because our lives are just so much harder.  I don't mean that facetiously & I'm not discrediting the hardships of being a man but it's true.  As women, we are wives, girlfriends, moms, single moms, volunteers, employees, counselors...You name it.  We're anything we have to be while carrying the weight of all our dilemmas on our shoulders.  We are tough as nails but it's tough being a woman.  We have so many responsibilities.  I received an email yesterday from the Oprah Winfree website.  It was to enter to win a free trip to New York along with a free makeover.  I immediately entered the contest. Of course my chances of winning are probably 1 in a billion but you never know until you try.  I could use a makeover and a trip to New York to see the lovely Miss Oprah!!! 

Aging.....What is it good for?  I'll tell you what it's good for..........Nothing!!!!!  My goal for today is to find the Fountain of Youth and go swimming in it. What the heck.  The sun is shining in San Francisco today. I have my bikini ready, my sunscreen, a towel, my handy dandy ghetto blaster w/my beloved KC & the Sunshine band CD ready to rock & roll! I just need the directions on how to get to THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH! I hope I can find directions on Mapquest because I need a bath....... A FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH BATH!!!!!! Have a great day all you 47 year old sexy hot mama's!!!! We may be 47 but we have life experiences under our belt, we're tough, we're strong & we're a force to be reckoned with!!!  We are Great Ladies so eat your heart out all you 23 year old babies!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment